Directly Connected Equipment Guarantee
Please read the following terms and conditions of bXterra’s Directly Connected Equipment Guarantee (referred to as this “DCEG”):
Bxterra Power Technology, LLC is the sole warrantor and guarantor of this DCEG. bXterra warrants, for the lifetime of the product, to repair or replace (at bXterra’s discretion) directly connected equipment that has been damaged due to power line transients which are properly connected to bXterra products with a DCEG. Power transients are spikes and surges on AC power lines, data or telephone lines that bXterra products have been designed to protect against (according to industry standards). You must notify bXterra within ten (days) of the event to make a DCEG claim.
No extension cords or other electrical connections may be used between the connected equipment and the bXterra device. Coverage does not apply if the environment for the bXterra device and connected equipment lacks a proper safety ground. bXterra will repair or replace directly connected equipment that is damaged by power transients on telephone and/or data lines only when all paths are protected by a bXterra protection product and the AC power line is also protected by a bXterra power protection device (UPS, surge suppressor or line conditioner) with a Directly Connected Equipment Guarantee. Any other telephone and/or data line-connected devices downstream must have their own telephone and/or data line protection.
You must register the product at bXterra’s website within 10 days of purchase to receive eligibility for this DCEG. All equipment connected to the bXterra product must be UL or CSA approved.
bXterra does not cover or assume any liability for any of the following:
- Loss of or damage to data, records, or software or the recovery of data or records, or the reinstallation of software
- Damage from causes other than AC power line transients, spikes, or surges on properly installed, grounded and code-compliant 120-volt power lines in the United States and Canada; transients, surges or spikes on standard telephone land lines, PBX telephone equipment lines or Base 10T Ethernet lines, when properly installed and connected. These AC power lines must be properly installed, grounded and code compliant 120-volt power lines in the United States and Canada, and must meet the qualifications of the current electrical code (ANSI/NFPA 70) and the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Damages from “acts of God” — wind, fire, flood, rain, rising water, leakage or breakage of plumbing or other disasters. Damage from abuse, misuse, alteration, modification or negligence.
- Any liability for personal or physical injury under the Limited Warranty and Directly Connected Equipment Guarantee. bXterra is not responsible for any liability for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damage, whether damage to or loss of property [(except for and only for) the specific limited agreement of bXterra to provide certain benefits regarding the DCEG as specified under this DCEG], loss of profits, savings, revenue, business interruption or loss of information or data. Loss of use of the bXterra product, the connected equipment or any associated equipment, cost of capital, cost of any substitute equipment, facilities or services, downtime, the claims of third parties, including customers, and injury to property.
- Use in unsafe activities or any activities viewed as potentially physically dangerous. bXterra products are not designed or intended for use in hazardous situations requiring fail-safe execution, or for use in any situation in which the failure of the Product could lead directly to death, personal mishap, or severe physical or property damage, or that would affect operation or safety of any medical or life-support device (collectively, “Unsafe Activities”).
- Misuse, abuse, modification, operation or storage outside of the environmental limits of the bXterra product or the equipment connected to it. Also for damage incurred during shipment, storage or transit, for damage from improper maintenance or operation of the bXterra product.
This DCEG is null and void if:
- The bXterra product has been used with any device with a motor, including an aquarium, refrigerator, air conditioner, heater, sump pump, water-related device, life-support device, medical equipment, car, motorcycle, or golf-cart battery charger.
- The bXterra product has been “daisy-chained” together in serial fashion with other power protection products like surge suppressors, adapters, extension cords or other bXterra products. Any such installation voids the Limited Warranty and DCEG.
- The voltage spike or event from power transients that damaged the connected equipment lasted longer than 1 ms. If it can be proven that the event lasted longer than 1 ms, the occurrence will be deemed outside the rated capabilities of the product and the Limited Warranty and DCEG are void.
- The connected equipment exceeded the limitations of the product’s VA capacity.
This DCEG only covers the original purchaser of the product. The DCEG is void if the product is sold via third-party(eBay or other reseller) or ownership is otherwise transferred.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental consequential damage, so the listed limitations may not apply to you.
It is up to the individual user to determine prior to using our products whether the device is suitable, adequate and safe for its intended use. Since individual applications can vary greatly, we make no representation or warranty as to the suitability or appropriateness of our devices for specific applications. We at bXterra are continuously trying to improve, and so our product specifications are subject to change without notice.
For customers that meet the qualifications and conditions set forth in this policy, bXterra will, at its own discretion, provide reimbursement (cost of repair or fair market value as determined by a third party such as Orion Blue Book) up to the dollar amounts set on the individual product’s web page.
To get more information, please feel free to contact bXterra Support at 224-419-4903 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to open a Directly Connected Equipment claim:
Within 10 days of the occurrence, call us at (224) 419-4903 or email us at email@example.com for instructions.
When you contact bXterra, identify the Product, the date of purchase, and the item(s) of Connected Equipment. Have information on all applicable insurance or other resources of recovery/payment that are available to the initial customer and request a claim number.
You must provide a dated purchase receipt (or other proof of the original purchase) and a description of the damage to your Connected Equipment.
Pack and ship the Product to bXterra. If requested, also include the item(s) of Connected Equipment, a repair cost estimate for the damage to the Connected Equipment, and all claim forms that bXterra provides to you. Show the Claim Number on the shipping label or include it with the product. You must prepay all shipping costs, you are responsible for packaging and shipment, and you must pay the cost of the repair estimate.
Further instructions for the DCEG process will be given to you by a bXterra representative.